Monday, May 25, 2015

Merv Slotnick, a painter to be discovered.

This is one of these hazards in life, which makes travelling in the auction online so worthy.
One day I see this auction online, and fall in love with the artist's work. There are 100 works offered for sale. All small formats, very low start prices, but as usual I don't believe I will be able to buy, so many times I was hoping to buy but as soon as the auction opened prices went crazy.

For once I was lucky enough to be all alone in the auction and could buy all the pieces I loved at start prices.
1 month later same scenario, could buy in the same conditions.

I learned on line all what there was to learn about Merv Slotnick.
And yes this is one of those miracles, happening a couple of times in a merchant's lifetime.
The painter is exceptionally talented, showed his work to several experts in Europe and in the USA.
Unanimously all agreed that Merv Slotnick was a huge find !

It is easy to make large format and render a violent expression, it is not easy to render the same expression on small formats. Merv Slotnick excels in it. He draw on everything he did find.
Old book pages, envelops, nothing bigger than 9 x 12 inches in the 200 pieces I bought.

I have no doubt these works will sell in 1 or 2 years 50 times what I paid for them.
A young investor bought already 60 items, another European investor bought 6 items..

An exhibition of the 120 items that are left will be organized end of year in Brussels, Belgium and another in Spring 2016 in Paris France.

Merv Slotnick gallery
 



Keywords: Fine art investment, Important artists unknown now, discovery of talented artists

No comments:

Post a Comment